M&B Residential Lettings offer a wide variety of quality rental properties throughout the local region.
When searching for a property, registering with M&B Residential Lettings will ensure a fast, friendly and helpful service.
M&B Residential Lettings prepare extremely detailed Inventories and hold your deposit in a Government approved scheme. Deposit's will not be released to the relevant parties, without prior consent from both Tenant(s) and Landlord(s).
As M&B Residential Lettings are registered with the National Association of Estate Agents, ARLA, APIP, The Property Ombudsman, NALS and Safe Agents we are bound by a strong code of ethics and responsibilities providing peace of mind to our Clients.
M&B Residential Lettings - Step By Step Referencing Guide
Welcome to our step by step guide of how our referencing process is carried out, this is so our applicants can have a better understanding of this procedure.
1) Please complete the relevant referencing forms and return to the M&B Residential Lettings office : 77 Upland Drive, Derriford, Plymouth, Devon PL6 6BE or via e-mail : email@example.com.
2) Please ensure to enclose 2 forms of photographic identification, proof of address i.e. utility bill, council tax bill and proof of earnings i.e. three months bank statements or three months wage slips.
3) Before referencing forms are sent to Rentshield, a referencing fee of the following will be taken. These monies will cover all of the set-up administration fees :-
£192.00 Inc VAT for one person
£288.00 Inc VAT for two people
£360.00 Inc VAT for three people
£420.00 Inc VAT for four people
If a guarantor is required the fee will be £72.00 Inc VAT per guarantor. The fee's are non-refundable should you later decide to withdraw your application. Should the Landlord withdraw the Property once referencing has commenced, the monies will be refunded.
4) Any person over the age of 18 years will need to be referenced.
5) If paying by card there will be a £2.50 charge per transaction.
6) If you do not disclose past Adverse Credit History or CCJ's the referencing will be failed and all fee's paid are non-refundable.
7) Please be advised that all referencing forms received on a property will be Subject To Landlords Descision.
8) To carry out a full credit search Rentshield will need a contact number of individuals and companies, these being; (i) Your current Landlord, to make sure you have consistently paid your rent and also to ensure there are no dilapidations at the property. (ii) Your bank details, to make sure you have no adverse credit history (i.e. county court judgements or bankruptcy orders). (iii) Finally, your current employer, to ensure you will be employed for the term of the Tenancy Agreement and confirm your salary by supplying three months wage slips.
9) Once Rentshield have carried out all the necessary checks, they will send a report to M&B Residential Lettings with a decision on whether the Tenancy should go ahead. They will also advise whether or not the application will need a Guarantor.
10) Once M&B Residential Lettings have received this report we will then inform the Landlord and Tenant of the result. We will arrange a suitable time and date for the Tenants to come to the office and sign the Tenancy Agreement. If a Guarantor has been referenced, they will also need to sign a Guarantor Agreement, on the move in date in the office.
11) A holding fee will be requested once the application has been accepted and will need to be paid within 48 hours, this will amount to a full months rent. This amount will be deducted from the monies required on the date of signing the Tenancy Agreement but should you decide not to proceed with the Tenancy the monies will be non-refundable. If the Landlord removes the property from the market then the monies will be returned to you.
12) On the day the Tenants sign the Tenancy Agreement all parties must be present including any Guarantor if applicable.
13) The deposit and first months rent must also be paid by cash, bankers draft, BACS or debit card.
14) Once the relevant paperwork has been filled in and monies paid, we can then hand over the keys to the property.
15) Credit Cards and/or cheques are NOT acceptable.
Right to Rent – Immigration Act 2014
As from 1st February 2016 all tenants must prove that you have a right to rent property in England if:
In order to be granted a tenancy, right to rent checks will be carried out.
We will do the following:-
You will not be able to rent the property if you cannot provide evidence of your right to rent a property in England.
Checking your right to rent with the Home Office
If you cannot show the right documents, we can ask the Home Office to confirm that you have the right to rent a property in England. This is usually because you have an outstanding application or appeal with the Home Office.
You will have to provide us with your Home Office reference number so that the check can be carried out.
Additional checks will not be carried out if you stay in the same property and if:
We will have to carry out repeat check if there is a time limit on your right to stay in the UK, e.g. you are on a visa.
We will ask to see your documents again just before your permission to stay runs out, or after 12 months, whichever is longer.
Who are Rentshield Direct?
Rentshield Direct are a reputable Tenant referencing agency based in South Devon who provide Letting Agents and Landlords with a detailed suitability report for potential Tenants. They can also provide Tenants, Landlords and Letting Agents with suitable insurance products.
Why am I being referenced?
The Letting Agent or Landlord employ Rentshield Direct to check your suitability to rent a property. Detailed assessments reassures them that you are a suitable candidate.
Why does the referencing form request so much personal information?
The forms have been specifically designed for the sole purpose of checking your suitability as a Tenant. Rentshield are goverened by the Financial Services Authority, in respect of insurance sales and strictly adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998.
How long will the referencing take?
As a company, Rentshield understand that Tenants want to move as quickly and efficiently as possible and therefore they aim to complete all referencing applications within 48 hours. In some circumstances it may take longer.
Reference Fee : Single : £192.00 Inc VAT
Two People : £288.00 Inc VAT
Three People : £360.00 Inc VAT
Four People : £420.00 Inc VAT
Guarantor Fee : £72.00 Inc VAT per guarantor
Late Rental Payment : £12.00 Inc VAT for 1-6 days. Six days
(It is the Tenants responsibility to set up the Standing Order) and thereafter - £6.00 Inc VAT per day.
Missed Inspection/Maintenance Appointments : £18.00 Inc VAT
Bounced Cheques or Referred Payments : £18.00 Inc VAT
Miss-Placed or Lost Keys : Cost to replace keys or have locks changed
Non-Emergency Call Out i.e. Locked Out : £30.00 Inc VAT
Tenancy Amendment : £96.00 Inc VAT
(Tenant change of personal circumstances)
Re-Letting Costs : £570.00 Inc VAT
(Due to early termination and subject to Landlord(s) instructions)
Use Of Card Machine : £2.50 per transaction
We are always delighted to answer any letting queries that a prospective Client may have and offer a warm and professional welcome to both Tenants and Landlords.
“M&B Residential Lettings pride themselves in their work. The very nature of the Lettings business is very fast past with many different aspects to consider. M&B Residential Lettings are always pleased to receive feedback and are delighted to know their Clients are happy with the services provided.”
M&B Residential Lettings Testimonials
“Message For Michelle ... Picture the scene – our house receiving a good offer from a cash buyer and all we needed was a bungalow for the rest of our lives. As often happens, there was a problem. The cash buyer was in a hurry. We looked at many bungalows in and around north Plymouth and, after being let down many times, decided that we should rent whilst a place we had liked “off plan” was built. Our needs were simple. A house or bungalow anywhere reasonable where we could “bide our time” with our small Scottie dog for six or seven months. It might sound an easy enough exercise but the properties offered were terrible! We had made up our minds that we would have to stay in what had been a superb family home, but one that had out-lived it’s useful life as far as we were concerned. Son Michael than came to the rescue. A personal visit by him to M&B Lettings – and Michelle in particular – resulted in her really looking at our problem with a genuine desire to help us. The following morning she arranged a visit to a property that wasn’t really on the market for another week or so. The rest is history, we fell in love with the bungalow, rented for seven months and had a trouble-free transfer to a newly built bungalow. All the above sounds easy, but it could well not have been. Without the expertise, professionalism and friendliness of the M&B Lettings staff all would have been so much more of an ordeal. Psychiatrists tell us that moving house is one of the three most stressful events in anyone’s life. It should have been – but Michelle and her staff at M&B Lettings made the whole exercise stress free – and we now have a source of new friends in their office. Wally Parson”
“I have spent the last 8 years working within the Private Rented Sector and I pride myself on the fact that we know our clients and understand their business. One such client is M&B Lettings. We have worked with Michelle Stacey and her team for the last 4 years. Since day one Michelle's passion, enthusiasm and professionalism shone through. The foundations set by Michelle are very strong and the emphasis on customer service is very clear in the agency's dealings with both landlords and tenants. The standards set by Michelle and her team are extremely high - in a industry where regulation is not mandatory, M&B lettings take compliance very seriously. Setting a bench mark for excellence is Michelle Stacey's goal - it is a pleasure to work with someone who is making a difference in the industry.”
The Letting Training Centre (UK) Limited & The Guild of Lettings & Management Limited - Testimonial
“I want to thank you so very much for all of your help when it came to buying my home. You went to so much trouble answering all of my questions, most of them repeatedly, and making sure I really understood the process. I know that my situation (being the new buyer of a tenanted property that you managed) was as frustrating to you as it was to me, but you were calm and helpful long after we both thought your job was finished. I know that you did not profit from the purchase of my home, in fact as it is no longer tenanted you would have lost out financially, but you never treated me like I was any less important than your actual clients, I would even go so far as to say you treated me like a friend. I just want you to know that I really, truly appreciate all of your help. Thank you again and have a great day!”
“In the two years that we rented from M&B we found them to be extremely friendly, helpful and understanding. Help was always a phone call away and nothing was ever too much. We would definitely recommend them to friends and family and if we need a rental home in the future we would gladly go back to M&B. Thanks for everything and keep up the good work! Mr & Mrs S”
Mr & Mrs Scawn
“Thank you so much for remembering my request, and getting back to me as soon as you had notice from the current tenants. I really appreciate it. I’m sorry to have wasted your time, and if things do change in the future making it more necessary for me to return I will keep M&B in mind as you’re by far the best agents I’ve dealt with so far. Kind Regards, Mike”
Mr Mike I.
“After several years renting property from various agents, it is now a pleasure to be dealing with M&B Residential Lettings. From our initial enquiry, their service has been both friendly and professional with response to any queries being almost immediate.”
GM & PJ Smith
“We have been lucky enough to have M&B manage our properties since 2009. We have always been impressed by their friendly, professional service and attention to detail. They have always secured suitable tenants and dealt with maintenance issues in a timely manner. For the past 18months we have also used their services as a tenant and it has been reassuring to see that regular professional checks are carried out. This reassures us that our tenants and properties receive the same level of regular support.”
Mr & Mrs D.
“We have been looked after by M&B Lettings for the past 6 years and can honestly say we have not received a better service in all our years of renting and would not now consider any other letting agency. We have had very few issues with the home we rent but those that have arisen have been dealt with both promptly and professionally. I could not recommend M&B Lettings highly enough.”
M&B Residential Lettings offer a wide variety of quality rental properties throughout the local region.
M&B Residential Lettings successfully Fully Manage and Let over 500 properties in the local area.